Which juicer is the right juicer for you? Check out this video and let the experts do the research for you. I know I love a blender for some things and a juicer for others.
Now you may want to add a few more factors in when choosing a juicer.
1. Which type of juicer is it?
- Centrifugal juicers -cheap and easy to clean. Due to the fast processing it oxidizes nutrients faster (not a good thing), this means you lose some of the goodness even before it hits your glass. You’re going to want to drink this up right away, no storing.
- Masticating Juicer – These extract more juice and since they operate at a slower speed you get more nutrients per glass. Seeing as the ingredients won’t oxidate as quickly you can store in a glass, well sealed container for approx 24 hours. Great if you want to make ahead and bring to the office.
- Twin Gear Juicer – This is my personal favorite, although it is the most expensive of them all it is also the most powerful which means it is great for nut butters and ice cream as well.The juice stays fresh and holds it’s nutrition longer, as a matter of fact you can store the juice for up to 72 hours in the fridge (sealed tight preferably in a glass container – you know the drill)
2. What are you juicing? avocados and bananas for example do not fare very well in a juicer, i recommend a blender for those.
3. Are you wanting to store your juice for a bit in the fridge? Perhaps make ahead for the week? If so then you want to take a look at a twin gear juicer.(see above)